Monday, February 11, 2008

Joy! Joy! Joy!



Anna Clare had to dress up like a shepherd for school the other day, and as I took this picture, I was reminded of a verse we recently discussed in Bible study. Isaiah 40:11 says, " He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." For a group full of young moms,the part about guiding those that have young really hit home in a mighty way! It was so refreshing to know that God is actually guiding us as mothers!

Now, on to the joy part. Steve and I have always given something up for Lent, but this year I kept putting off thinking about what I wanted to (actually needed to ) sacrifice. I've done chocolate, carbonated drinks, secular music, but had not really had a "feeling" about anything this year. Well, a friend of mine recently challenged the readers of her blog to be the "most positive, joyful person you know." I don't think of myself as a negative person, but that really struck a chord with me. As I thought about this while trying to fall asleep on the night of Ash Wed., I thought, "I want to be the most positive, joyful person I know!" So, I am attempting to give up negativity for Lent (and hopefully beyond Lent to the best of my ability). Due to human nature, I know I will falter, but to my family and friends, please keep me accountable! I am a very impatient person, and I think that often steals my joy. So I am definitely going to be working on being more positive and more patient. Be Joyful!!!

By the way, see the little one in the corner of the picture who didn't want to miss out on the photo op?

No comments: