Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Congrats to the college grad!


My sister graduated from The University of Alabama last weekend. We made the trip to Tuscaloosa to meet Erin, her boyfriend, my parents, my two brothers, and their girlfriends for a family/graduation/Mother's Day weekend. It was great for all of us to get together. I have one brother in Birmingham and one in North Carolina, so it is rare these days for us all to be in the same place at the same time. Perhaps the greatest joy was seeing my dad (being the avid Roll Tide fan that he is) getting to finally witness ONE of his children graduating from "THE" university! My brothers and I both graduated from Auburn (although they remained loyal to the Crimson Tide while there...which I guess makes me the only true black sheep of the family:)

Three Auburn graduates plus one Alabama graduate equals two proud (and broke) parents

My girls and their Aunt Erin
She was not happy about this but did it for her Papa.


The ride home

We had a terrific weekend and I was very thankful to get to spend Mother's Day with my wonderful mother and my family. We are so proud of you, E!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I will have to say that your sister definitely graduated from the right school!
And I'm sorry I haven't emailed you yet. I have been so busy at school trying to finish up and then when I come home I usually crash.
Btw, I just added you as my friend on Facebook. I'm assuming it was you anyway! And I tend to do better w/messages on there or myspace than regular email. Sometimes. ;)