Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Swishy...Lost and Found


Swishy is AC's Kindergarten class pet. Every Friday someone gets to take Swishy for the weekend, journal about what goes on, and report back on Monday. Since school started, she gets in the car every Friday and tells me who got him. Last Friday was our turn.

After school, she informed me that Swishy said he wanted to go to the pet store to look at the other fish. So we did. Friday night was pretty uneventful. She played with him and we took a few pictures for the journal. Saturday morning, she and our neighbor took him all over the house and yard and had a great time. When I came home from a baby shower, I told her to get Swishy because he was going to a birthdy party with her. Guess what? No Swishy!

We looked EVERYWHERE! I mean, how do we lose the class pet...especially when we only had him for the weekend! She was in tears. Hysterical! Crying out, "I'm the worst kid ever!" Bless her heart! It really was pitiful. I assured her we would find him. We even prayed for Swishy's safe return. After the party, I continued to search with no luck. I was really starting to panic and did not want to have to tell her teacher on Monday that he wouldn't be coming back! How irresponsible does that look? My biggest fear was that Wilson, our Jack Russell, had devoured Swishy and we would find remnants all over the yard.

After AC missed out on taking him to the party, a football get together, and church on Sunday, my parents and sister came over to help. Erin saved the day! He was in the garage in the bottom of the stroller from being hauled all over the place Saturday morning. I have never been so happy to see a stuffed animal. Of course, Steve said I completely overreacted! Me? Never! Well, maybe a little. But it was important to her and I did not want to get "Slacker mom of the year" award. Swishy missed out on some fun stuff, but it made for a pretty interesting journal entry!

6 comments:

andi said...

I love it!!!!!

~k said...

TOO FUNNY!

At least it wasn't an egg- although I think they are a little older when they do that.

So glad Swishy is safe!

Beachy Mimi said...

I would so totally have lost it, too. I'm glad you found Swishy!

Tonja said...

So glad you found Swishy! Whew! Crisis averted!

Denise said...

Oh Swishy....safe and sound. That is all that really matters.

Melanie said...

Hilarious! I have a class pet in my classroom that is a bear (named Brownie), so I can only imagine what you were going through! And to tell the teacher and the rest of the class...WHEW!! Thank goodness you found Swishy!