Friday, March 13, 2009

Swishy...Again!!!


AC brought home the class pet, Swishy, again this weekend. I didn't realize that Swishy made a second round home with everyone. Remember what happened last time we had Swishy? Hopefully things will go a little better this time!

Right now, Swishy is napping here...



Do you see all those pacis? We need to get rid of them, but I am not doing so great of a job. I broke down in Target this week and grabbed a new one right off the shelf and stuck it in her mouth. Yes, I did. For the peace of the other shoppers. And for mine. Mostly mine! Our pediatrician would be so proud!

AC sucked her fingers and we broke her of that by using the stuff that tastes so bad (for nail biters) on them. It took about 3 nights and she was cured. Never mind that I sat outside her bedroom the first night crying as I listened to her scream and shake the crib rails. So pacis are a new experience for us. I think I am going to have to turn this over to my husband! Any suggestions?

6 comments:

~k said...

So does she sleep with 10 like cousin Ebo?

Lindsey said...

I think www.superduperinc.com has an article on breaking the paci habit. I'll have to look. Or I guess you could too!

Denise said...

I will be glad when Swishy goes back to school for good too!!

emily said...

We cut the paci down the middle and my kids did not want it after that. We told them it broke. Wasn't easy but worked..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ummm, and cousin ebo, as kelli reminded you, doesn't sleep with 10 pappys anymore....it's more like 20! no joke! and yes, he's 3 and 1/2! i can barely find the latex mams anymore, so i broke down and bought him the only pack left on the shelf at toy r us.....hot pink with crowns! he loves them!