Monday, May 23, 2011

Farmin' and Fishin'

What a weekend! Owen's waterslide party was a big hit on Friday night, and then Steve and I had a date Saturday night to see "Guys and Dolls," a local theater production. We loved it. It was a very entertaining show filled with lots of talented, hard-working actors. Afterwards we made it to California Kraze just before they closed and sat outside enjoying a little sweet treat.


Yesterday after my 2 hour nap we picked up my mom, who loves to fish, and headed to Steve's boss' farm for the afternoon.


Before we hit the pond, we rode around on the mule while Steve showed us all his turkey hunting spots. He was flying through some thick woods and I told my mom I felt like we were on Romancing the Stone, minus the machetes.


We also picked and ate lots of plums, the little grape-sized ones that are either really sour or really sweet. Yummy!


Each girl caught a fish while Steve, my mom and I caught nothing but gnats...


My mom put little pieces of Bounce fabric softener in my ears to try to keep them away but to no avail.




They wanted to touch the fish before we threw them back.


We headed back to my parents' house where my Dad had burgers ready and Steve and the girls cooled off in the pool.


We got to bed pretty late but it was totally worth it for a fun, family Sunday afternoon!

3 comments:

kkd said...

Fun...Fun...Fun! When is the fish fry?

Melissa said...

Looks like a perfect Sunday afternoon! We spent ours napping. We were exhausted from our water slide party!

chic Gucci shirts said...

great scenery!