Monday, June 27, 2011

A few things

The girls with our very 1st ulrasound picture at about 7 weeks

First of all, we had our 20 week ultrasound today and everything looks great! We had a change of plans with our sitter so we had to take the girls with us and they got a kick out of seeing their baby brother perform. We are so thankful that all is well and very grateful for your prayers. What a precious miracle from God!

Last weekend we began moving Anna Clare's room upstairs to transform her current room to the nursery. She is going to continue sleeping in Owen's room but is really excited about her "new room." And speaking of sleeping in Owen's room, they continue to squeeze into the same twin bed every night even though there are 2 twins in the room and even though Owen begs her to sleep in the other bed. But I love sneaking in there at night to get a peak of them all cuddled up together sleeping soundly. It makes me forget about how much they argue during the day!

I wish we had a picture of what we saw after Steve took her bed apart Friday night to move it upstairs. I have never seen so much crap in all my life! If there was a "Hoarders: Eight-year-old edition," she would be the star. And I think it's probably even worse that I had no idea all that stuff was under there. Needless to say we did a lot of purging and I was very proud of her (and me) for throwing so much away!

Steve put the crib together (again), and guess who is napping in it while I type?


I told her this was a one time deal, and she was so excited I couldn't resist. Her giggling completely cracked me up.


My parents and sister are on their way back from Asheville visiting my brother, sister-in-law, and sweet baby Mason. I was so sad I couldn't make the trip with them but can't wait to hold him in just a few short weeks. They are coming in July!


Wilson has weaseled his way back into the house during the hottest parts of the day and is very happy to have a cool spot to rest (I promise he's alive and well in this picture).

And speaking of hot, the hot item of the summer (for Owen anyway) is this dress...


This is just a cell phone pic but you can get a better look here. It's cute, comfortable, and cool, so if she has it on everytime you see her, please forgive us. I am completely ok with that! I highly recommend picking one up here for the little girl in your life. Thanks, Darby!

Ok, I'm back to de-hoarding closets and bedrooms. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

The Skippers said...

Love it! Owen and Lu would have a riot together! Glad your appointment went well.

Darby said...

Love that sweet Owen in her dress! Thanks for the plug! :)

Wanting What I Have said...

Such fun and exciting times!!! It makes me so happy to see Owen snoozing on that pillow case! :)