Thursday, August 11, 2011

Life

Anna Clare started 3rd grade this week. Hard to believe. It's always exciting to begin a new school year, but it's been a rough couple of weeks over here. While we've truly had a wonderful summer and enjoyed every minute of it (although I do believe it's been the fastest yet), we've dealt with some tough issues. Disappointment - she tried out for the local theater production of Willy Wonka and was not cast. It was such a heart breaking experience to see her eyes light up as she read down the online posting and was excited for friends who got parts and then to see the tears fall when she got to the bottom of the list and her name wasn't on it. My sister was here at the time and we were both hiding tears for her. It's a good life lesson but it hurts to see them hurt all the same. Fear and Anxiety - especially at bedtime. I won't go into details for the sake of her privacy, but it's bad. And sadly, she inherited so much of it from me. I have dealt with fear and anxiety for many years and have come SUCH a long way thanks to God's faithfulness but seeing her battle it is like taking a look into my own heart. Heartbreaking. And Attitude - When did 8 become the new 13? I am struggling to find the right balance of discipline and grace.

I have shed many tears over the past 2 weeks (and being hormonal and pregnant is not helping :) but I know God works ALL things together for good. I am clinging to that promise as I realize that parenting is not for the faint of heart. I love my children with all my heart. Being a mom is rewarding, exciting, and full of joy...of the one of the greatest joys I have ever experienced. But easy? I think not.

6 comments:

kkd said...

I'm still pushing the hoops and I think it will be the answer to 1, 2, and 3! JOKING! What a well written post that is so true! You are an awesome mom and you and Steve make a great team!

Wanting What I Have said...

Wow. You hit the nail on the head...parenting isn't for the faint of heart. I am praying for you this am.

~k said...

Aww. Praying for you :)

bellamia said...

Wish I read this before today! I would have loved to encourage and talk with you yesterday on this!We experienced some of the same. We just thought sleepless nights ended when they were around 1 year....not so. It is so so very tough. God is so good, I praise Him with you with the promise that He does have good for your family, we'll talk soon :)

oahu helicopter tours said...

It puts smile on my face seeing that single photo. Makes life more beautiful.

Denise said...

not easy at all. i still struggle with my anxiety and i know what you mean when you say looking into your own heart, i experience that with mary selwyn daily when it comes to many things!! ac is a special girl with great parents.