Sunday, April 27, 2008

Shining Star



AC was the Shining Star for her class last week. Each child gets a week and they go in alphabetical order. Since she is a "T", she was next to the last. But her time finally came! She was so excited as she picked out 5 pictures to take to school to display and filled out her "Favorites" sheet (ie. favorite food, color, book, Bible verse). I asked her what her favorite song was, expecting to hear some cute little church song. "Banana Pancakes" she tells me. (by Jack Johnson - her daddy listens to the CD in his truck). Interesting choice for a 5-year-old, I thought, but hey..she's the star. Her K.K. made cookies for her to take to share with her classmates (all round sugar cookies except one in the shape of a star for who? You guessed it!) I wish I were better at writing things down that she says before they leave my memory. For instance, we have a hard time getting her to go to bed at night and STAY in bed. She likes to sleep with a flashlight some nights because it makes her feel safe. So she comes out of her room the other night with the flashlight in one hand and her Children's Bible in the other. "Mama, I'm going to lay in bed and read the Word of God by flashlight if that's ok." What a con artist! Like I'm going to say "No! You can't read the Word of God" Anyway, we were cracking up! Steve also told her that if she gets married one day she'll have to move out of our house (which she does NOT want to do) so she says she is never getting married. OK, we say. Then she says, "I don't want to get married but I want to be a mommy." I'm thinking I DO NOT like the sound of this! She says she's going to adopt lots of children and they can all live with us! She keeps us on our toes for sure! And finally, her "favorite" Bible verse...Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind and loving to each other" (the preschool version) So simple, yet such truth!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

She is so cute! I was reading this out loud to Jeremy because it's so funny. She reminds me of my niece w/some of the things she said.

I'm sorry I haven't emailed you a/b my job. I am so forgetful! But I'm going to try and remember to do it in the next few days!

Heather said...

PRECIOUS!

Love this blog.

Asha is reading this blog now too!

Your children are precious!!!

Dona said...

Too cute- and what a star!!! We don't do that in our class, LF would think it was great!